The Helpdesk Technician is primarily responsible for providing excellent customer service and support to end users on a variety of computer and telecommunications issues. Identifies, researches, resolves, or escalates technical problems. Takes user requests, logs them into the Southwest Key ticket tracking system. Helps in identifying, troubleshooting, resolve or escalate desktop hardware, printing, network connection, and applications software problems. Installs and maintains computer hardware, software and peripherals. He/She is directly supervised by the Sr. System Administrator. The position may require more work hours than the normal eight-hour workday and also may require 20-25% travel.
• Monitors the Helpdesk ticket tracking system to respond to problems identified by users in a timely manner
• Takes user requests over the telephone, e-mail and documents all issues in the Southwest Key Helpdesk ticket tracking system
• Takes ownership of assigned tasks and provides excellent customer service in a responsive, respectful manner.
• Troubleshoots, resolves or escalate hardware and software problems proactively or as identified by users
• Installs, configures, maintains, desktop & laptop hardware and software
• Creates and maintains computer system images for computer installation and setup using computer imaging software systems
• Completes appropriate receiving forms for computer equipment and obtains and affixes asset tags and submits documentation as appropriate to Financial Department
• Creates modifies and deletes domain accounts in Active Directory and creates email accounts as directed
• Instructs users in the use of equipment and software.
• Identifies and resolves system security issues to include antivirus, spyware & system software updates
• Supports and maintains voice communications systems
• Requires some travel to other program locations to provide Information Technology Support
• Maintain all required trainings and certifications
• Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
• Provides support for audio-visual equipment
High School Diploma or equivalent